The explorers program is a voluntary program that is sponsored by the Escambia Sheriff’s Office.
The purpose of the Explorers is to educate and involve young people in law enforcement operations whether or not they choose to enter a career in law enforcement. Members gain a working knowledge of police work and have the opportunity to serve their community.
Explorers receive training in patrol procedure, first aid, honor guard, criminal law, crime prevention, finger-printing, arrest techniques, drug abuse prevention, firearms safety, crime scene techniques and more.
Contact the Explorer Office for more information at (850) 436-9916 or (850) 436-9939.
- Explorers must be at least fourteen years of age, in the 8th grade or higher, and have not reached his or her 21st birthday.
- Have no criminal record.
- Be currently enrolled in middle school, high school, college, or vocational program.
- Maintain a GPA of at least 2.0
- Maintain an acceptable school disciplinary record.
- Attend three consecutive meetings before membership may be granted.
- Complete all required application forms.
- Submit two letters of recommendation. One must be from a school official.
- Please contact the Explorer Office for More information at (850) 436-9916 or (850) 436-9939.
EXPLORER EVENT REQUEST
Interested in the Explorers attending your event? Please fill out the online submission form below. All requests require at least one month advance notice to allow for scheduling arrangements. Please note that we are not able to fulfill all requests. Please allow up to 48 hours to receive a response.