How do I make a criminal complaint?

Several options are available.  If you are having an EMERGENCY call 911.  For non emergency events call our dispatcher at (850) 436-9620 and ask for a Deputy to respond.  You may also make a complaint at the front desk at 1700 West Leonard Street from 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM, Monday – Friday (closed for holidays).  Keep in mind that if there is a crime scene (such as a burglary at your home) we are going to want to respond to that location to take the report.  Finally there is eReports for online reporting.  EReports is designed to facilitate the routine reporting of criminal acts where there is no immediate threat to life or safety. EReports enables you to submit a report online. It is not designed to initiate a call for service, and a deputy will not be dispatched in response to your eReport.

If the presence of a Deputy is needed or desired, DO NOT USE eReports. Call (850) 436-9620.

How do I get fingerprinted?

Fingerprinting is available at the Escambia County Sheriff’s Office Administrative Building at 1700 West Leonard Street, Pensacola, Florida 32501.  The administrative front desk is open from 8:00 AM – 3:45 PM, Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).  The cost is $15.00 for the first card and $5.00 for each additional card (CASH ONLY). You should have your a fingerprint card at the time of the fingerprinting.  The agency or company requesting the fingerprints should supply the card.  Fingerprints for concealed weapon permit are $5.00.  You must present a picture ID at the time of fingerprinting.  If you have any further questions, you can call (850) 436-9630.

How do I obtain a copy of an offense report or arrest report ?

Requests can be completed by fax, email or in person at the Criminal Records Section, which is open from 8:00 AM until 4:30 PM, Monday through Friday (excluding holidays) and located at 1700 W. Leonard Street.

Phone Number: (850) 436-9501
Fax Number:  (850) 436-9784
Criminal Records Request Form

You need  the Offense Number to search for an Offense Report.  If you do not have the Offense Number, provide the victim or suspect information, date and location of the incident.

Please allow 3 – 5 business days for the report to become available.

How do I request a ride along?

Interested in seeing the streets of Pensacola from a law enforcement perspective? Sign-up for a “ride along”.  Riding as an observer provides citizens with more knowledge of the nature of police work and the community being served.

Civilian observers must be at least 18 years of age and complete the observer application form/consent to background check. Completed forms can be turned in to the front desk at the main administration building at 1700 W. Leonard Street.

Authorization to Participate


Waiver  Of Liability

How do I register as an offender?

Criminal and sexual offender registration is open from 8:00 AM to 3:45 PM Monday thru Friday in the lobby of the main administration building at 1700 West Leonard Street. Offenders must check in at the front desk. No appointment is necessary. The frequency of registering may vary depending upon the offenders’ designation by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement.

Call (850) 436-9344 for more information.

How do I make a complaint or commend an ECSO employee?

If you wish to file a complaint on a Sheriff’s Office Employee please follow the link below. All complaint forms must be signed and returned to the Sheriff’s Office. If you have any questions concerning the complaint process, please contact the Sheriff’s Office at (850) 436-9630.
Click here to make a complaint against an employee

If a Sheriff’s Office Employee has gone above and beyond and you would like to commend that employee, please fill out the online submission form below. If you have questions about commending an employee, contact (850) 436-9705.
Click here to commend an employee.

How do I file a complaint against an employee of the Escambia County Sheriff’s Office (ECSO)?

Complaints can be mailed to the address listed below or faxed to (850) 436-9996. Complaint forms can be downloaded from the link above. Complaints against any ECSO employee will also be accepted at all agency facilities, from any source, regardless of the location of the alleged occurrence.

Internal Affairs

P.O. Box 18770
Pensacola, Florida 32523
(850) 436-9630 -Main Office

What happens to my complaint?

The complaint is documented on an ECSO Statement of Complaint Form, which is forwarded to Internal Affairs. The complaint is reviewed and, when necessary, it is assigned to an investigator of supervisory rank to investigate. Statements may be taken from the complainant, all witnesses (citizens and employees), and/or the involved employee(s).

How long does it take to complete the investigation?

 Investigations can take anywhere from 30 days to 6 months to complete, with an average length of 45 days. This depends on the complexity of the case, the availability of witnesses, and the involvement of other agencies, such as the State Attorney’s Office.

Will I be notified of the findings?

  Yes. Both the complainant and the employee(s) are notified when the investigation has been completed.

Will I be able to see the completed file?

Yes. Under Florida’s Public Records Law, once the case is concluded it becomes a public record and is available for inspection during normal business hours. The case files are kept by Internal Affairs, however a request will need to be made via the Public Records Office by clicking HERE.

Allegation of employee misconduct

The Escambia County Sheriff’s Office is entrusted with providing professional law enforcement services to all people. Our citizens can be assured that timely and professional assistance is available to them. In essence, we require the active cooperation, assistance, and moral support of the community in order to effectively live up to our responsibilities.

The attitude of the police must always be helpful and courteous. Nothing does more to harm the police image than police abuses. We know, and expect, that we are going to make mistakes, but the citizens are most concerned when there are attempts to conceal or deny errors.

To that end, to protect both the citizens and employees of this agency, it is the policy of the Escambia County Sheriff’s Office to accept and objectively review, and/or investigate all complaints of misconduct. When the allegations are substantiated, the employee will be disciplined according to the degree of misconduct.

The standard of conduct to which our employees must adhere is a higher level than that expected of the average citizen. Thus, it is in the best interest of all concerned to rid the agency of those who have betrayed the trust placed in them and tarnished the reputation of the organization.

The Escambia County Sheriff’s Office has a well-organized, impartial, internal process that provides citizens with a fair and effective avenue for redress of legitimate grievances, while at the same time protecting employees from false charges of misconduct and providing the accused with due process safeguards.

Please let us know if Internal Affairs can assist you in any way.

Internal Affairs
(850) 436-9630 -Main Office

(850) 436-9996 -Facsimile

How do I access jail booking information?

As of October 1, 2013 the jail is no longer under the Escambia County Sheriff’s Office.

To access jail booking information click here.

To access information on video visitation click here.

How do I request a Watch Order?

A Watch Order may be requested when you are going on vacation or for any reasonable set of circumstances for an ongoing security threat.  (For example if there have been recent burglaries on your street.  You may not use a watch order for a shopping trip.)   This will have a deputy checking your property on a regular basis.  Just call Dispatch at (850) 436-9620 and tell them that you would like a “Watch Order.”   They will ask several questions including, when you are leaving for the vacation, when you will return, what cars may be left in the driveway during your absence, who may be looking after your property during your absence and what lights may be on at night?  You may request a Watch Order for up to 30 days.  They can be renewed.

How do I get a No Trespassing sign for my property?

Just fill out the form linked below.  Bring it in to the front office at 1700 West Leonard Street from 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM, Monday – Friday (closed for holidays) and the Deputy will notarize the document.  Please sign it in the presence of the deputy.  You can pick up your sign at that time.

Download Form Here

How do I become a poll deputy?

Polling deputies are appointed by the Sheriff’s Office, duties can include:

  • Maintaining order outside polling location
  • Assisting other workers in preparing polling place on election day
  • Posting signs and materials outside and near the entrance of the polling location
  • Poll deputies are paid through the Supervisor of Elections

Please note, attendance at a poll deputy training class is required prior to acceptance of the position.

If you are interested in becoming a poll deputy, click the link below and fill out the application and mail to:

Escambia County Sheriff’s Office
Attn: Community Services
1700 W. Leonard Street
Pensacola, FL 32501

Poll Deputy Application

Applications can also be dropped off at the front desk of the administration building located at 1700 W. Leonard Street.
For more information contact, Lisa Parrish at (850) 436-9735

How do I request a donation?

Interested in requesting a sponsorship/donation from ECSO? Click the HERE to fill out the Sponsorship/Donation packet.

Contact Dan Capozzolo at (850) 436-9949 for more information. Please note: the form works best when using Internet Explorer and Adobe.  If you would like to complete the form at a later date, you can download the form below and manually forward the completed paperwork to



*Please note all required fields must be complete to submit form.

How do I retrieve the Financial Crimes Packet?

You can print the Escambia County Sheriff’s Office Financial Crimes Packet OR type the information, then print packet.

ECSO Financial Crimes Packet

How do I lookup Sexual Offenders and Predators?

You can visit the Florida Department of Law Enforcement site to locate Sexual Offenders and Predators.

FDLE Sexual Offenders and Predators Search