Personal Safety Tips to assist citizens in avoiding becoming a victim of a crime.
- Don’t carry or flash large amounts of money.
- Don’t walk alone at night or in an unfamiliar area.
- Park your car near a streetlight or in a well-lit area.
- Avoid distractions while out, don’t talk on your cell phone until you are safe in your car.
- Lock doors, even when driving.
- Hold your keys when you walk to your car. They can be used as a weapon if someone tries to hurt you.
- Your life is more valuable than your property. If someone wants to rob you, give them what they want.
- Keep credit card information in a safe spot in case your cards are stolen.
- Never put your purse in front of the shopping cart.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- If shopping, don’t leave expensive items or packages within plain sight in your car.