Making A Difference!
The Escambia County Sheriff’s Office prides itself with hiring highly qualified candidates of the highest integrity. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer who strives to reflect the diversity found in our community.
Are you ready to make a difference? Meet with one of our Recruiters to discuss your career!
To contact the Recruiting Unit please email email@example.com or call (850) 436-9276.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL LAW ENFORCEMENT SUPPORT POSITIONS
- High school or GED diploma
- At least 18 years of age
- U.S. Citizen or Registered Alien
- Must not have been convicted of a felony.
- Must not have been convicted of a misdemeanor involving moral character, false statements, perjury or domestic violence.
- Must not have received a dishonorable discharge from the United States Armed Forces
- No illegal drug usage over the past year. Other drug usage will be evaluated on a case by case basis.
- Driving History: Applicants applying for a position that includes driving an agency vehicle must possess a current and valid driver’s license. Applicants that reside outside the State of Florida, and will continue to do so, must have a current driver’s license for the state in which they reside (ß322.031(3), Florida Statute). In addition, no applicant applying for a position that includes driving an agency vehicle during the 60 months before the date of application will have:
- Had their driver’s license suspended more than twice for nonpayment of insurance or for nonpayment of traffic fines.
- Had their driver’s license suspended or revoked more than once for traffic violations except as stated above.
- Been convicted of, or pled guilty or nolo contendere to, Fleeing or Attempting to Elude a police officer, as defined in Chapter 316.1935 Florida Statutes.
- Been convicted of, or pled guilty or nolo contendere to, “Driving Under the Influence as defined in Chapter 316.193, Florida Statutes, more than once.
- Accumulated more than 12 points on their driver’s license during the 36 months prior to the date of applications or have a driving record that demonstrates repeated offenses and flagrant disregard for traffic laws.
All candidates for full-time positions will participate in the following steps.
- Online application
- Complete Background Check
- Drug screen (after conditional job offer)
- Additional tests required by the position