The Escambia County Sheriff’s Office Community Relations Division offers free Crime Prevention presentations to citizens and business owners. Please submit your requests at least a month in advance if possible.
- Crime Scene – Learn about the real-life CSI personnel and how they solve crimes with the application of forensic science
- Dangers of Social Media – oriented towards Middle School children to warn of the potential perils associated with social media use
- DUI Unit – request a hands-on demonstration with impairment goggles and pedal carts
- Domestic Security – receive information on how our agency responds to acts of terrorism and natural disasters
- Identity Theft – How to avoid it and what to do about it if it happens
- Internet Safety – Basic security procedures and behavioral advice for your visits to the web
- K-9 Demo – These highly trained K-9’s will show you some of their skills
- Meth Labs – learn about meth labs and their effect on the community
- Motors Unit – Have an ECSO Motorcycle at your event. The Motors officer will tell you all about their Unit.
- Mounted Unit Demo – See what our ECSO horses can do
- Patrol – The backbone of law enforcement. Learn about what patrol deputies encounter on their shifts
- Public Information Officer – Learn how we work together with the media to keep the public informed
- Safer Seniors – Primarily focused on scams that prey upon senior citizens
- Safety Awareness – What you can do to make yourself and your home more safe
- Situational Awareness – How to increase your attentiveness to your surroundings and the positive impact it has on your safety
- Small Business Scams – A primer on avoiding the hustles that scammers perpetrate upon small businesses
- Special Victims Unit – Learn about the duties of this unit and the sensitive cases that they investigate
- Training – Learn about how police officers are trained to perform their duties
- Crime Stoppers – How to get rewarded for fighting crime while remaining anonymous
Let us know if you would like a virtual presentation on Webex or Zoom.
Please provide at least 30 days notice for speaker requests. While we do try to accommodate all requests, due to agency availability some requests are unable to be fulfilled.